my name is Fernando Berríos, i'm a software & web developer from Puerto Rico (currently living in Dallas, TX). this website serves as my homepage/online portfolio. here you will find my resume, examples of previous works, design and code philosophy, etc. i'm available for freelance work and offer competitive prices, check out the contact section for more info.
me: since using my very first computer i was curious as to how they worked. as i started using them more and more, the curiosity grew bigger, this led me to experiment with programming. i spent most of my high school years in front of a computer, i played around with Visual Basic 6 and taught myself the basics of HTML, it was fun. of course, i tried other computer related stuff like graphic design, video and music editing, but i always came back to programming. i went to college and got a degree in business and information technology. even though i was used to writing regular software for all my classes, i fell naturally into web development. i like the fact that web applications are increasingly more powerful, dynamic and cross-platform. i like developing standard compliant sites and applications, but i understand that sometimes compromises must be made in order for the product to be truly cross-platform.
My hobbies include: reading books & comics, listening to music, playing video games, computer programming, digital photography, watching movies & anime.
i'm a software & web developer, i studied at the Universidad de Puerto Rico, in my last year there, i worked as a web developer for the country's ccTLD registrar Gauss Research Laboratory. shortly after graduating, i started working for Nobox Marketing Group, a local interactive ad agency. i spent about a year and a half there as a front and back-end developer using all kinds of awesome technologies to build cross-plaform websites, emails and web applications for a variety of local and international clients. after that, I worked as a freelance software and web developer for various clients, building web services for front-end flash UIs, mobile targeted websites and a bunch of other cool stuff. i recently relocated to the US and started working as a developer for Rockfish Interactive in their new Dallas, TX office. during my free time i've been researching mobile application development using the iPhone and Android SDK, as well as learning Python and practicing Ruby.
for a more detailed resume, send me an email and i will send a PDF version ASAP.
here you will find samples of previous work, tools and demos:
- wordpress theme styling and modifications to michelle kaufmann's blog
- front-end (XHMTL, CSS, jQuery animations) and back-end (ASP.NET 2.0) programming for a site that generates a wallpaper with the users New Year's resolution. featured in adsoftheworld.com.
- jQuery gravity simulation with drag and drop
- HTML 5 offline storage demo (Firefox 3.0+ required)
- small jQuery + Google Maps API v3 demo
- a Google Static Maps generator built with jQuery and Google Static Maps API v2
- PSD to XHTML+CSS conversion samples: 1, 2
- a modified version of SuperGenPass.com for the iPhone OS platform, powered by the iWebkit framework: SuperGenPass iPhone
- simple Applescript that takes a picture from an available iSight Camera and uploads to TwitPic
- back-end programming in PHP for an interactive x-mas card. sends a email to a friend with a customized message and links to a video you select. client is the biggest local newspaper in the island.
- mobile version of http://lexus-pr.com. developed with the ASP.NET MVC framework. detects iPhone, BlackBerry and other popular mobile browsers.